Friday, October 23, 2009

City where I was born


City, where I was born and grew up
What is Ostrava like?
In my opinion it is hard to judge if you are impartial reader. It is very subjective to tell how other people perceive our beautiful city. So you should accept that this text is written from my personal point of view.
Firstly, Ostrava is a place, where I was born and grew up. I love it there, All streets, squares, shops except for huge hypermarkets!

As for me, Ostrava has to fumble with recent history. It was called „Black Ostrava“ and it used to be the biggest producer of iron and steel in Czechoslovakia. Nowadays, it has completely changed, it is not BLACk anymore but GREEN and COLOURFUL. I think that everything is getting better here. Public transport is one of the best in our country. And it is not expensive.

And now some negatives. For me it is a big number of hypermarkets. It seems to me like a big shopping centre full of people buying useless goods. It is new life style. It is strange…
The third problem is area called Nová Karolina (New Karolina). According to plans there will be dwelling area. Due to financial crisis, the realization was postponed.
To put in a nutshell: Ostrava is quite strong economic city but still a little black. Its future depends on us!
David Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment